From humble beginnings to the country’s leading provider of professional production equipment and expertise from coast to coast, William F. White has grown exponentially and continues to do so each year. Take a look back into our history and see how far we’ve come!
- William F. White Inc. is founded in Toronto by Bill White Sr. to provide motion picture, television and theatrical equipment.
- William F. White Inc. expands its operations to Vancouver.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. adds camera equipment to its inventory.
- Paul Bronfman founds the Comweb Corporation, as CEO and Chairman of William F. White Int’l Inc.
- Comweb Corporation acquires William F. White Int’l Inc. as an entity.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. acquires Prolite in Vancouver and opens a location in Calgary.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. forms partnership with Vilmos Zsigmond and opens Sparks Camera & Lighting Ltd. in Budapest.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. opens a facility in Halifax.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. expands to include a facility in Regina.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. expansion continues with the addition of a facility in Winnipeg.
- The Canadian Society of Cinematographers (CSC) Clubhouse opens at Toronto office.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. launches a department specifically designed for independent and digital filmmakers.
- Toronto office moves to the new William F. White Centre to serve as the company headquarters and a hub for William F. White Int’l Inc. across Canada.
- Launch of Education & Training, a new department committed to seeking out internal and external training initiatives.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. creates the Toolbelt, Canada’s first online mobile resource for professional production equipment.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. celebrates 50 years of supporting the television and film industries in Canada.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. acquires Telescopic Camera Cranes Ltd.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. purchases Location Equipment Supply Inc.
- William F. White Int’l Inc. opens an office alongside Northern Ontario Film Studios in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Purchase of Parallel Rentals Inc.
- Launch of a new department dedicated to servicing live events.
- Launch of a new department committed to providing professional camera rentals and related technical services.
- William F. White Int’l officially assumes anchor tenancy at the long-anticipated Calgary Film Centre.
- William F. White Int’l creates the inaugural William F. White/Vilmos Zsigmond Cinematography Scholarship and awards it to Adam Madrzyk.
- Launch of an exclusive first-in-Canada mobile app in association with Croogloo.
- William F. White Int’l begins offering the Immersive LED Studio at the William F. White Centre in Toronto, an immersive, controllable and completely customizable environment for filmmakers.
- Launch of an independently accessible boutique studio that features a three-sided cyclorama in a 7,000-square-foot space.
- Acquisition of Ironwood Studio in Vancouver
- Sudbury office and warehouse expanded with new location
- Launch of Fraserwood Studio in Vancouver
- Launch of Riverwood Studio in Vancouver
- Expansion of Camera offices in both Calgary and Vancouver
- Parent company Comweb Corporation, celebrates 30 year anniversary
- Announcement of $100,000 Jay Switzer Memorial Scholarship Fund for Indigenous Filmmakers in partnership with the Canadian Film Centre
- Launch of Copperwood Studio in Vancouver
- Launch of Lakewood Studio in Vancouver
- Launch of first Toronto studio property, Edwards Blvd. Studio
- Launch of Creekwood Studio in Vancouver
- Halifax office and warehouse expanded to include camera department
- Announcement of MovieQuiet Eco series, a product line designed to bring clean, reliable, quiet and renewable power to set
- Comweb Corporation sells William F. White International Inc. to Ashtead Group through an affiliate of its wholly owned subsidiary Sunbelt Rentals of Canada Inc.
- Launch of Cantay Studio in Toronto
- Launch of Century Studio in Toronto