Seasoned Industry Leader Catherine Tait Joins Comweb Board of Advisors
Toronto, Canada (September 22, 2016) - Paul Bronfman, Chairman/CEO of Comweb Corp. and leading equipment provider, William F. White International Inc. today announced that Catherine Tait, long-time producer and President/Founding Partner of Duopoly Inc., has been selected to join Comweb’s Board of Advisors.
“Catherine brings a wide range of experience to our board as a leader in both the American and Canadian film industries,” states Bronfman. “Her background in production financing, corporate governance and strategic planning will be extremely valuable going forward.”
Catherine’s production industry experience spans over two decades and includes leadership in the American independent film industry and public company management. She began her career in the Canadian federal government’s Department of Communications before shifting her focus to Telefilm Canada. Catherine also served as President and COO of Salter Street Films from 1997 until the company’s sale to Alliance Atlantis in 2001. Prior to Salter Street Films, she was Executive Director of the Independent Feature Project, the largest independent film organization in the U.S. In 2006, she co-founded iThentic, an award-winning digital content company responsible for producing the Canadian Screen Award-winning series “Space Riders: Division Earth” and Emmy-Award-winning series “Guidestones”. In 2011, Catherine also co-founded Hollywood Suite, Canada’s preeminent broadcast outlet for Hollywood and Canadian films.
“As a TV and digital content producer for over 25 years, I have long admired and counted on Whites as Canada’s most producer-friendly and supportive equipment rental company,” said Tait. ”So, of course, it is an honour to now return the service as an advisor to Paul and his outstanding team at the Comweb Group and William F. White International.”
Currently, Catherine serves on the Board of Directors for DHX Media, the country’s leading independent kids’ content company. She has also previously served on the boards of CHUM Ltd, Aliant and eOne Entertainment.
Catherine holds a B.A. from the University of Toronto, an M.Sc. from Boston University and a D.E.A. from l’Universite de Paris.
The Comweb Board Members (in alphabetical order) are:
- Paul Bronfman - Chairman/CEO, Comweb Corp. and William F. White International Inc.
- Cyril Drabinsky - Vice Chairman, Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Inc.
- Laurence M. Geringer - Partner & Co-Chair, Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group, Dentons Canada LLP
- Keith Mosley - Founding/Managing Director, Broadstone Partners Inc.
- Bernie J. Nisker - Board Chairman, Mercatus Technologies Inc.
- Munir Noorbhai - Executive VP/CFO, William F. White International Inc.
- Paul Roscorla - Executive VP/COO, William F. White International Inc.
- Jay Switzer - Past President & CEO, CHUM Ltd./Chairman & Co-Founder, Hollywood Suite
- Catherine Tait - President/Founding Partner, Duopoly Inc./Co-Founder, Hollywood Suite