Operational Updates| Last Updated: November 23, 2020
As of Monday, November 23rd, Toronto and Peel regions have been placed in a lockdown (grey zone) for a minimum of 28 days. Film and Television production, including all supporting activities, are permitted to remain open while adhering to government guidelines. Our operations exceed all guidelines set by the government and our Toronto office will continue to remain open, while strictly adhering to existing safety protocols.
The safety of our staff, our families, and our community remains our top priority. For more information about the current lockdown, please visit the Government of Ontario website.
Our team continues to work behind the scenes to sanitize every piece of equipment while practicing our pandemic operational protocols. Please see our Operational Changes document for more information on these protocols.
All equipment provided by any of our operations is verified by us to be sanitized and safe for use when equipment passes to your production. In consultation with the industry and our manufacturing partners, we’ve developed a comprehensive set of sanitizing protocols for all equipment provided by us. Please see links to our sanitizing guides below organized by product category.
COVID Alert App
The Government of Canada has released a COVID Alert app now available for download on the Apple App Store and Google Play. This app will notify you if you’ve recently been in contact with someone who’s tested positive for COVID-19.
Our team has built a portal of resources called Production ReStart with your needs in mind. We continue to show some of the strongest recovery numbers in each of our provinces and we’re encouraging international production teams to consider Canada as an optimal filming location.
Equipment Disinfecting Video Series
- Camera Overview
- LED Fixtures
- Tungsten & HMI Fixtures
- Fisher Dolly & Track
- Dimmers & Distro Boxes
Production Equipment Options
- A selection of Personal Protective Equipment is available through the Expendables department at each of our facilities across the country. We’re committed to sourcing the best available products, but please note quantities are limited and availability will vary by location.
- The unique reach offered by camera cranes and jibs from our Specialty Equipment department allow crew to maintain the necessary physical distance from cast members while shooting a scene. With controlled, programmable motion, the Technodolly is our favourite out-of-the-box solution. Please see our Technodolly Feature Sheet for more information.
- During outdoor shoots, Pop-up Tents and Traffic Control options are necessary for creating remote workspaces, proper barriers, and directing traffic flow. Our Location Equipment Supply department strives to provide safety for not only your outdoor shot, but also your indoor one as well. Please see our Location Equipment Supply Feature Sheet for more information.
- Wireless Monitoring via Teradek’s ServPro is a perfect substitute for overpopulated Video Villages. By downloading an app, everyone can watch the action from their mobile device instead of crowding around video monitors. Our Camera department also recommends using GoPro cameras to obtain a bird’s eye view of your set. Please see our Camera Feature Sheet for more information.
- Our partners at Sunbelt Rentals offer a range of COVID-19 Response Equipment to help clients address unexpected situations. A popular option is the E-Mist 360 Roller Cart, which helps to disinfect large spaces in minutes. Alternatively, Sunbelt’s wide range of Portable Air Scrubbers provide high performance filtration of airborne contaminants.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the FAQ documents listed below, we’ve distilled much of the pertinent information to what may be top of mind for you right now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Additionally, we’ve created maps of each facility that you can pass on to any drivers or crew so they’ve got a mental picture of what to expect before they arrive on site. Video snapshots of each facility are also being shared through our Instagram Stories.
Our Studios team is working with each production to ensure our spaces and operational protocols are updated to meet the needs of each production. For more information, please contact our Studios GM directly.