Position: Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Location: Remote for now (1 x Toronto office; 1x Vancouver office)
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the successful development and implementation of elements of the marketing strategy in support of corporate business objectives. This includes drafting and producing fact sheets and sales support materials, preparing briefs and workback schedules, and managing the project from start to finish all while working closely with the Marketing Manager, relevant members of Marketing team, and with the appropriate business stakeholders. The Marketing Specialist also plays a key role in bringing our brand story to life and project managing the development and production of national creative projects.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Plan and lead copy development and production of branded content in support of marketing and sales objectives, including but not limited to branded videos, website content, corporate PPT decks, and digital and printed marketing collateral
- Contribute to creation and execution of marketing strategy and annual planning as well as articulation of brand positioning
- Help source, manage, and collaborate with production and creative agencies as needed to deliver best-in-class marketing materials
- Maintain excellent relationships with leaders across all business units to ensure consistency, timeliness, and relevancy of all branded content to meet required business objectives
- Support Marketing department as required to deliver best in class materials/content
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally an undergraduate degree in Business or Communications with a Marketing or Communications specialization.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience working within a fast-paced marketing team or communications agency.
- Proven experience developing a wide variety of collateral materials, digital content, and communications to meet key marketing and business objectives.
- Experience with B2B marketing, digital projects, and/or partnering with external agencies is an asset.
- Experience working with graphic designers and/or creative teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management and project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiar working with Adobe products like InDesign and Illustrator
- Solutions focused creative problem-solver and highly adaptable to changing work environments.
- Exceptional organization skills, good judgement, with ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
- This position requires a result driven focus as well as strong marketing and project management skills to achieve key marketing objectives.
Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
Studios that match your ambition
WFW operates a growing portfolio of state-of-the-art production studios in the Vancouver and Toronto area that can handle projects of any size. With 32 sound stages and ample mixed-use high-ceiling warehouse space spread across our nine facilities, WFW Studios now manages over 1 million square feet of production-ready studio space. Working in tandem with our diverse range of clients, from the rising stars to content giants such as Netflix, Amazon, and Disney, our Studios team is truly on the forefront of where all the magic happens.
Light Up the World
Our Lighting & Grip team is the backbone of our business. No set can go without it, and we’re proud to say that our inventory is the largest–and best–of its kind in all of Canada. HMI kits, LED fixtures, EPA Tier 3 generators, green screens, more feet of cable than you can possibly imagine. We carry everything our clients’ might need to keep their productions humming through the seasons, from the rain and sleet of the Pacific Northwest to the bright skies of the Atlantic summers. And if clients are looking for more sustainable power solutions, our entire team is committed to staying on top of the latest equipment innovations to help make every set as clean and green as can be.
Take Your Best Shot
Our Camera department is like a candy shop designed by and for those who are DPs at heart. The WFW Camera team is a passionate bunch who are truly dedicated to sourcing the widest range of elite cameras, lenses and support equipment for our clients’ every creative vision. Our line up features premium quality super 35 and large format cameras from manufacturers including ARRI and RED and world-renowned lensing from Vantage/Hawk, Leica, Cooke, MasterBuilt, Angenieux and Fujinon, just to name a few. Our full inventory, including an extensive array of camera support equipment, grows by the day. The team is happiest when they’re prepping with clients to help them get the most out of their fancy new rental with custom-tailored recommendations.
Cranes, Robots, and Automobiles
WFW’s Specialty Equipment team is the industry’s go-to for innovative gear and are known for providing the solutions in order to obtain truly memorable shots. From jibs and remote heads to the largest inventory of telescoping cranes in the country, we even carry the SuperTechno 100R, the only one of its kind in the world. Our team also specializes in custom built camera cars, we get fired up about electric vehicles, off-road cars and motorcycles that boast multiple camera platforms. We’re known for our expert technicians who help clients extract the full potential of every option with specialty equipment in our inventory. For every epic shot you see on the big screens, Specialty Equipment and expert technicians are likely working behind the scenes to make it all happen.
Virtual Production is the latest addition to our suite of services and one we are positioning for rapid expansion. This filmmaking process allows content creators to utilize a combination of live action and cutting-edge digitally created environments rendered on LED walls and ceilings (known as “volumes”) to deliver a production experience unlike any other. At WFW, we see Virtual Production as an integral part of the future of filmmaking. Notable productions like Disney’s The Mandalorian and CBS’ Star Trek: Discovery have already taken advantage of this technology to create incredible high-fantasy, science fiction worlds all while inside a virtual studio.
WFW Location Equipment Supply (LES) has everything that productions need to keep shoot days running smoothly. With locations in both Vancouver and Toronto, our LES team go the extra mile to keep crew members safe and help make talent happy. Our inventory is impressively wide-ranging from old school director’s chairs and state of the art change rooms, to the necessary portable bathrooms and traffic cones. We even stock up on Personal Protection Equipment that clients have come to rely on to keep productions safe amid the ever-changing environment in which we all operate in.
A career with shared services at WFW provides a collaborative work environment where you will be an essential part of supporting the company on a national level. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Health and Safety, Education and Training, along with Marketing and Finance, your contributions are vital to the success of the company and ultimately, help make the magic of movies happen.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.