Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Fleet team is looking for the perfect candidate to join us in the role of Fleet Maintenance Assistant. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Vancouver. This position reports to the Manager, Fleet and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Perform basic maintenance on all rolling stock including all generator inventory.
- Prepare work orders for shop equipment repairs.
- Ensure vehicles and generators are fueled.
- Ensure load tests are performed on generators.
- Check in/check out Fleet rental assets.
- Wash all generators and trucks.
- Vacuum and clean all vehicle interiors.
- Ensure department is organized, clean, and free from hazards.
- Ensure that all WCB requirements are complied with.
- Perform service calls.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance is an asset.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Must be punctual, organized, and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have tools.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.