Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
WFW operates a growing portfolio of state-of-the-art production studios in the Vancouver and Toronto area that can handle projects of any size. With 32 sound stages and ample mixed-use high-ceiling warehouse space spread across our nine facilities, WFW now manages over 1 million square feet of production-ready studio space. Working in tandem with our diverse range of clients, from the rising stars to content giants such as Netflix, Amazon, and Disney, our LES team is truly on the forefront of where all the magic happens.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Location Equipment Supply team is looking for the perfect candidate to join us in the role of Field Associate - Location Equipment Supply (LES). This position reports to the Assistant General Manager, LES Toronto and is located in Toronto. This is a full-time, permanent position and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm or Monday to Friday from 2:00pm - 11:00pm. The hours may vary from time to time and there is potential for overtime hours and/or weekend shifts.
- Driving pickup trucks and 3-ton cube trucks for gear deliveries and pickups
- Towing portable washroom trailers and flatbed trailers (Towing training provided)
- Ground protection installations and teardowns
- Location Protection - Prep homes for film crews
- Setting up and dismantling equipment on job sites
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Operating forklift for loading ground protection (training and certification provided)
- Assisting the warehouse when not on the road, e.g. pulling and staging orders, cleaning and organizing the warehouse, loading out customers
- Inspecting equipment for defects and damages
- Abiding by all company safety guidelines and regulations
- Providing top level customer service
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have valid G class Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
- 3-5 ton driving experience is considered an asset
- Ability to lift or move up to 75lbs
- Ability to operate forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts when needed
- Demonstrated ability to work well autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.