Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity - Light Up the World
Our Lighting & Grip team is the backbone of our business. No set can go without it, and we’re proud to say that our inventory is the largest–and best–of its kind in all of Canada. HMI kits, LED fixtures, EPA Tier 3 generators, green screens, more feet of cable than you can possibly imagine. We carry everything our clients’ might need to keep their productions humming through the seasons, from the rain and sleet of the Pacific Northwest to the bright skies of the Atlantic summers. And if clients are looking for more sustainable power solutions, our entire team is committed to staying on top of the latest equipment innovations to help make every set as clean and green as can be.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Warehouse team is looking for the perfect candidate to join us in the role of Warehouse Associate. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Winnipeg.
- Complete assignments and special projects delegated by the supervisor.
- Test equipment making sure it complies with company standards and complete minimum quotas.
- Pull & stage orders in an organized fashion, assist - when required, with loading and unloading trucks. Receive returns, exchanges. All counts & paperwork to be performed to the highest standard of accuracy.
- Keep warehouse floor & staging area clear and shelves organized.
- Comply with WCB/Safety requirements.
- Advise the CSR responsible for rental of any equipment defects or damage.
- Advise the CSR responsible for rental of any customer concerns arising from equipment issues or counts.
- Forklift training will be provided if necessary.
- Future training in rentals program is available should the need arise.
- Shipping & receiving duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous customer service experience is an asset.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be familiar with the safe use of power and hand tools.
- Must have excellent communication and numeric skills.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Shipping and Receiving experience would be considered an asset.
This can be a physically demanding job. Job holder will be given full training, as well as instruction in safe working practices and proper lifting techniques. If required, job holder will be given forklift and order picking training and will be expected to operate a forklift, order picker or pallet jack when required. This job works with various types of lighting and grip equipment. A general knowledge of this equipment will need to be developed if job holder is unfamiliar.
The Icing on the Cake
The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.